I'm excited to be participating in my first link party! Here we go!
1. Monday was our last day of school (PD), and we decided to start a book study in the fall. We will be using the book The Trouble with Boys to help us find ways to help the boys in our classrooms find learning FUN! I'll let you know when that starts. In the meantime, anyone have other suggestions of how to reach our not-so-motivated male students?
2. I have spent the first few days of summer soaking up the sun at my apartment complex's pool. It's so nice to relax before I begin my nannying job next week. I know, it's summer, but I just can't handle having so much free time, I feel like I should be doing something! Any other teachers work over the summer? What kind of jobs do you have?
3. I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the second Daily 5 book. I'm a nerd, I love looking into new ways to structure my guided reading block! I read the first book and got great ideas, so I'm super excited to see what the second edition has in store. I've tried REALLY HARD not to read all of the blog posts about it!
4. I have been working on my first real blog post that will hopefully be up later tonight! Check back to see my first DIY project for the new school year!
5. I am so excited to have started this blog, and I am eager to meet all of you! Please leave a comment below and introduce yourself!
Go check out Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up with the party!